Friday, September 4, 2009

Ava's take on the Sunrise

This morning Ava saw the sunrise.

She can running to me and said, "Mommy, did you see the beautiful sky?"
My response, "You saw the sky this MORNING?" (If had spoken my mind, my response would have been, "Um...no. Clearly I am still in bed and I would LIKE to be sleeping.)
Ava: "Yes, God took the kind of cloudy sky and made it whiter with some orange."
Me: "Ava, that is called the sunrise. Isn't that a cool thing?"
Ava: "I know and it was great. I saw the orange- that means my birthday will be here soon."

I hace NO idea why she thinks this means her birthday will be here soon, other than the fact that she went to a birthday party last weekend and currently for about a week after every birthday party she attends she starts to plan her next birthday party and decides what kind of present she wants. March is a long ways away, kiddo, but you keep thinking positively;)

No comments:

Post a Comment