Monday, June 15, 2009

wow...


I don't know exactly when it happend, but I realized over the weekend that at some point, we adjusted to having two kids. We survived the horrible first few months of our sons life and we are now, dare I say it, thriving. I don't know when it happened, perhaps there isn't a precise moment, but I am so thankful!

At mom's group today, a couple moms with new second babies shared their struggles with lack of sleep, sibling jealousey, etc. My heart still ached with pain still fresh in my mind. What a difficult adjustment! Being a mom is sacrificial even with one child, but when you add a second (and third, fourth, fifth) you increasingly give away more of your energy and every spare minute you have. It is exhausting. In the beginning, it is overwhelming. I remember being told I would make it; I believed I would, but I remember wheeping, asking God how I'd get over the hump. I honestly didn't see how I would make it.

My life is relatively back in order. Oh, we are far from perfect around here (remember the name of my blog afterall;), but we are living- quite joyfully much of the time. God is good. I can't believe I am actually able to manage two kids and, though it is a struggle, find ways to perserve my sanity (cake decorating class, working out, and reading). WOW! Miracles happen folks and I am so proud to be a recipient.

No comments:

Post a Comment