Friday, June 26, 2009

I've got the creepy crawlies

Apparently, I am awesome. Everyone wants a piece of me- My 8 month old, My 2 year old, and my 32 year old. There just isn't enough awesomeness to go around.

My son is attached to me emotionally and lately wants to be constantly attached to me physically too. This is quite flattering in some respects; it is nice to be liked. On the other hand, it is driving me crazy. I am so over being touched. I am so over hearing whining and crying every time I walk near my baby. I am so over the back ache from toting around 25 lbs. on my hip while attempting to cook dinner. I would like to leave a room without leaving a trail of crying behind. I have to get things done, so sometimes he just has to deal...only he doesn't deal. He cries- hard. I am frankly tired of feeling anxious because my baby is crying. I wish he understood that I'd love to leave the dishes alone, but if I did, eventually we'd have nothing to feed him with. I wish he understood that I have to put him down in order to mix the bottle he is fussing for.

I don't know how long this stage will last. My oldest child didn't really go through this. She had some separation anxiety at 18months, but nothing like this. I just want to use the bathroom in peace. I just want him to enjoy all the lovely toys he has.

I think his biggest problem is that he is frustrated that he can't go were HE wants to go. He sees Ava and I walking around here and there at will and he is angry that he has to sit and wait to be moved. I guess I can see how that might be a little frustrating. So now I am wondering if this stage will be over when he gets the ability to move...that will be nice. OH but that will also be a nightmare. My son has so much energy, I can only imagine what he will do with motion and that energy;)

I think God gave be a break the last few months. He knew I was at a breaking point at 4-5 months and gave me a nice, relatively easy baby for a little while...apparently only to rest up for what was to come- THE PRESENT;) I think I might go insane and I can get the shivers just thinking about being touched. (yes, poor marc;) As they say, "This too shall pass." In the meantime, please excuse me if I dodge your high fives, shake hands like a limp fish, or give crappy hugs.

1 comment:

  1. "Can't leave a room without leaving a trail of crying..." ain't that the truth. I can't leave a room or have, a phone call, take a pee with the door closed without leaving a chorus of bickering behind. The demands will be constant throughout the 5th year at least. It just morphs into something just as neuron frying. Cope now, it doesn't seem to "wait it out". Good luck Supermom!

    ReplyDelete