Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ava: "Mommy did you see that bride princess? She's pretty." (after seeing bride on a billboard)

Me: "yes, I did. Maybe one day we'll get out mommy's dress from when I was a bride and you can see my pretty dress."

Ava: "Is is white?"

Me: "yes, it's the one I am wearing in my wedding pictures."

Ava: "Did you get Mawrried?"

Me: "yes, who did I marry?"

Ava: "Papa. He's your husband, right?"

Me: "Right and I am his wife."

Ava: "I am a wife too, right?"

Me: "Not yet. You aren't married yet. Auntie Karla became a wife when she married Jason. Auntie Katie became a wife when she married Brian. One day you'll get married too and you'll be a wife."

Ava: "When I am bigger I am going to be a wife and Jason will be a husband."

Me: "Oh?! Are you going to marry Jason?"

Ava: "Yah, I think that is a good idea because he is like my best friend."

a few moments pause

Ava: "I don't want a baby in my tummy though. I am not that bigger for a long time." (notice this is second time she has said this to me- she must think pregnancy looks really uncomfortable or see's how much work Phin is and know she's not up for it;)

Me; "Oh no, you won't be that big for a very long time. You won't get married for a long time either and you won't have a baby until you married first. "

Ava: "that sounds great mom"

No comments:

Post a Comment