Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sometimes you have to give credit where credit is due!

I firmly believe that little kids get assigned extra guardian angels. We've had so many near critical accidents in our home; too many close calls to believe otherwise. Today we had another.

I was in Michael's with my kiddos. I was helping Ava pick a stepping stone kit for our garden project. I turned away from the cart where Chloe was sitting (strapped in, of course) for a second. Out of the corner of my eye I saw movement and whisked around to see the Cart being pulled over by my climbing two year old boy. I tried to catch it, of course, but could not. In slow motion, yet in the blink of an eye, my baby girl was screaming and the cart she was securely strapped into was on the hard tile floor on it's side. This was scary. This could have been bad, but amazingly, instead of hitting her head on the hard tile floor, her head was resting on brother's calf. NOT even on his shin, but on his soft calf.

No doubt Phin will have a nice bruise there tomorrow, but he's lucky he landed on HIS butt himself and avoided a head bonk on that floor. I fear the person most injured was the poor cashier, who was about 70 years old and saw the whole thing. I am sure her heart actually stopped beating for a minute. Chloe was quite upset, but more scared than anything and Phin was.....LAUGHING! Not that his laughter pleased me, mind you, but it was definitely proof that he was far from injured.

I am just thankful. Chloe should have whacked her head on that tile. She should have gotten hurt. Instead, she shed a few tears and got to be carried around the store by mom and get LOTS of attention from a nice older woman. I just couldn't help but wonder what went on that my naked eyes can't see. In y head, I picture an angel swifting placing Phin's leg in just the right spot and another making sure he landed on his butt. So today, I am saying with great gratitude, "Thank you, Lord, for protecting my sweet children."

1 comment:

  1. I love how you put this - we have so many of those moments ourselves and I am always so thankful that things didn't turn out worse.

    ReplyDelete