Tuesday, June 21, 2011

NKOTBSB

Life is too short to take seriously all the time. On Saturday, my sisters and I celebrated Kristin's birthday one of the best ways possible- by taking a step into the past. We went to see New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys in concert.



Imagine a bunch of women in their 20s and 30s full of life and laughter. Most of whom, like me, had long week with children and life and for an evening got to step back in time, sing at the top of their lungs, shake their booties, and be carefree. Now I can't quite explain it, but though I cannot remember what happened yesterday, somehow words to songs I knew twenty years ago just flowed from my mouth as I sang along. Who knew they were still stored somewhere in this aging brain of mine;)


I adore my sisters. Being with them is a good time, even if it is sitting around a kitchen table, but rockin' out to songs of old- priceless.


Karla did an amazing job making our t-shirts and she was only out done by one other homemade set of shirts. We had to admit- they were just hilarious and creative. They read, "Too late Joey, I'm married now." (Hilarious, right?!) We SOOO wish we'd thought of them ourselves!


A fun night with my beautiful sisters and neice...and YES, I am totally aware of the bad hair day I was having. It just HAD to happen with I'm with my rockstar sisters;) Don't worry, I didn't let it spoil the fun;)

No comments:

Post a Comment