Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

There is a children's song based on a parable in the bible called "The Wise Man Built His House Upon the Rock". It compares two men- one who builds his house upon the sand and one who builds on the Rock. When the storm comes, the house on the sand falls down and the house on the rock stands firm. It is an illustration about life, if we build our life upon Truth- the Rock of Ages, Jesus Christ, we can weather the storms that come our way, but if we just have religion with no depth, we will fall apart when trials come.

Ava has been loving this song of late and she has her own version that I just adore. It makes me smile every time she sings it! She says instead of "The wise man built his house upong the rock", "The wise man built his house upon the cross." It has brought the song to new life for me and reminds me every time I hear her sing it that I want my life built on nothing less and nothing more than the Cross of Jesus.

I think she really understands the meaning of this song and so to her these words make more sense and to say it warms my heart is an understatement;)

No comments:

Post a Comment