Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Whoopee Wednesday!

Today was just another great day. My little guy is 9 months today and he crawled for the first time this evening- giving great hope for less stressful days (as he has been getting so frustrated by he lack of movement.) Then the day ended on a super high note as I had a successful money saving grocery outing.

Now, I am getting the hang of this supercouponing thing. I have made a couple mistakes, which have been frustrating, so winning the grocery game today was just like getting a hit off a fabulous drug. Not that I have ever taken a hit of any drug, but to me shopping "high" is very addictive and quite ephoric;)

First, let's talk about my huge "miss" yesterday. Without going into all the details of how exactly it works, I should have gotten 24 bottle cases of Nestle water for 70 cents each yesterday. I had coupons in tow and went up to the register. I was so perplexed as the total was so much higher than I anticipated and definitely not working out to be quite as cheap as planned. I sat in my car and examined my reciept to figure out where I went astray. AHHH! I mistakenly stopped at a Dominicks "right" inside the Chicago city limits. I live in the burbs, mind you. I paid $6.00 in chicago "water" tax. That is right- I paid more in "water tax" than I did for each case of water. I was so mad- at Chicago's stupid "tax whatever we can" system and at myself for not going to the grocery store near my house. It was still a decent deal- but SOOO frustrating.

Okay- so coming off that crappy occurence- I planned better today. I got scotch tape at walgrees for 6 cents each. I got cheap deodrant, cereal, etc. I did great. I even had my first "overage". This means my coupons were worth more than I paid so it took money off my total- yay! Win, Win, Win! I got a totally free bottle of clorox color safe bleach plus an overage of $2 off my order when buying it AND a totally free box of fiber one bars, plus 40 cents "overage". I feel so overjoyed, you'd think I just found a hundred dollar bill on the side walk. Yippee, more money for me. (And let me tell you- I have ONE happy Hubby...he likes his new money savin' mama.)

1 comment:

  1. You're insane! I had no idea about the water tax. You have got to be kidding me. I'm starting to HATE Chicago

    ReplyDelete