Wednesday, July 1, 2009

So WHAT?!

Ava is in her third week of summer camp. Today was "Music/Talent Show Day". This morning she was excited to go to camp but adimant that she would NOT get on stage. I hadn't mentioned it at al and she KEPT bringing it up and telling me should would NOT do it;) I told her she could just watch. Knowing my child, however, I offered some suggestions should she change her mind: she could tell knock knock jokes, she could perform her ballet "moves", or she could sing a nice song. I admit, I heavily suggested the song and reminded her how beautifully she sings "Jesus Loves Me". In truth, I was thinking about how sweet it would be when she got up front and shared Jesus love with all at camp. I had the sweetest picture in my head.

When I picked Ava up from camp, I was handed her certificate. It reads "This certificate is given to Ava Aneed in Recognition of her singing "So What I'm Still a Rockstar". That's right. Instead of sharing Jesus with her class, Ava shared Pink. Oh she knows every word to this song- it is the ringer on my cell phone. I wish we had this moment on tape. She gets quite spirited when doing her "rock moves" and proclaiming "I don't need you"...aye yaye yaye! What did other kids sing? Row Row Row your Boat and Twinkle, Twinkle were quite popular. Atleast she doesn't just go with the flow?!

No comments:

Post a Comment