Saturday, July 25, 2009

Perhaps I need to carry around a roll of Duct tape?!

I get so sick of listening to my adorable daughter talk sometimes. I mean at the end of some days I wish I could take my ears off for a few minutes and have some peace and quiet. I have also complained on this very blog about my sons chatty moments; his usually occur about 3 am. (I guess he needs to be relaxed to open up. Please God, don't let him grow up to be a drinker.) Last night I got a gut check about my own chattiness.

Marc and I are both talkers. He usually more than me, actually, but my poor kids have it in their genes! I usually try to be aware of this. Marc recently has worked VERY hard at it and is doing quite well. Last night, I entered a state of oblivion and was clueless to my conversation take over!

I had a terrible night with Phin on Thursday due to a vaccine reaction, but I guess I didn't realize how tired and grumpy I was (am?). We were at a dinner party with very good friends. I kept talking and I guess debating discipline tactics (though my intent was not to be argumentative, I am told I was;-P ). My lovely husband gently brought it up in the car on the way home. He apparently was trying to gently nudge my leg the whole time. I was so obtuse that I didn't even know he was nudging me! OOOO- I feel bad! I did apologize to the hostess.

I don't want to be a bad guest or be an argumentative friend. SOOO...in the future I've given my hubby carte blanche to just say sometime to me, but I give everyone else carte blanche too. I mean, please be nice about it, but feel free to tell me I am chattin' too much. I'd rather know in the moment when it is fixable, than have people annoyed by me. Thanks to all you patient smiling listeners...I admire you more than you know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment