Wednesday, July 8, 2009

SHOOOOT! I'm so busted!

I was attempting to sleep in this morning...as in staying in bed until 7am (when did that become sleeping in?!). Ava kept coming in to tell me "someking". As she sat on the bed telling me a tale about "Paul" who fixed our "sky" (a man of unknown name came to fix out skylight last week), she was biting on her nail. I didn't notice, but Marc came in and kind of freaked inside;) The is the conversation that followed:
Marc: "Ava what are you doing?"
Ava: "I am using my teeth to cut my nail cuz it is sharp right here."
Marc: "Who taught you to do that?"
Ava: "Mommy" (she pointed her finger at me for added effect)
Marc: "Oh, really?"
Ava: "Yes, Mommy bites her fingernails every day."

oops. I guess some things are taught and some things are caught. My nail biting habit is a thorn in Marc's flesh- it grosses him out. I don't do it consciously, of course, but Ava is definitely right, she does see me do it atleast once a day. ARGH! I don't know that she'll actually pick up the habit because she's never done it before. I hid under my comforter while Marc laughed hysterically. Then I told Ava it is a gross habit that mommy does and I'd like to stop. I have assigned her the responsibility of reminding me not to put my fingers in my mouth. I think I'll quickly be annoyed with myself for doing this. I know she'll take this job very seriously...but her father will thank her profusely;)

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny because Ben started doing that to me a few months back and it actually got me to stop biting my fingernails! It was sooooo annoying, like I would go up to scratch my face and he would scream "Stop biting your fingernails!!" But it got me to stop...

    ReplyDelete