Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Boys, Boys, Boys...

My son is undeniably adorable. He is just cute. We get lots of attention when we are out and people just seem to adore him. I wouldn't say his cuteness is a problem, really. I do love his chubby little face and belly laugh, but these precious features really are disguising quite a monster;) He seems destructive to his core. He will empty out anything he possibly can, faster than one could possibly imagine. Seemingly, he dumps, just to dump. Yesterday I went to the bathroom. I was gone MAYBE 2 mintues, during which he dumped a full box of Cheez Its on the floor, not to eat, but just to stomp on and crush. My cleaning lady was here on Monday, but my kitchen looks like it needs a mop again already. Looking at my Family Room at the moment, you'd think we hadn't picked up in weeks; it was picked up last night.


He apparently does NOT have a good understanding of the word, "No!" I have to move him about 20 times from forbidden actions (like opening the oven) before he finally quits returning to them. He walks around and hits "off-limits items", like the oven, lamps, the flat screen TV, and says, "No, No, No, No" and then laughs. AYE!

I also think he is going to probably end up with some major injuries in the near future. He climbs on everything he possibly can and has even taken to MOVING the little plastic kid chairs around the living room enabling him to climb higher. I don't even know of any good "house friendly" climbling toys! I take the cushions off the couch and put them on the floor to he can climb on the cushions and then the couch and fall without totally hurting himself, but it doesn't seem to be enough for my little adventurer. (Because of his asthma, I am keeping him OUT of Gymboree for Flu Season;P ) Anyone have any ideas?


I love this little guy, but he is exhausting and I am sure he is taking years off my life with his shenanigans;)

No comments:

Post a Comment