Thursday, August 20, 2009

Is it nap time yet?

I adore my son. How could I not? He is absolute the cutest little chubby baby with a face that captures your heart. His is precious. His personality is starting to be evident. He is so curious and enjoys making other people laugh. He loves to laugh too and sometimes makes himself laugh...which makes everyone else laugh;) We have lots of fun with him.

He also is exhausting. I am choosing to sit down and write a blog post because I am realizing just how exhausting, but as I type for all of 45 secounds so far, he has emptied the play kitchen and crawled over to empty the toy box. I'll type for 5 minutes and spend 10 cleaning up after him.

What I realized this morning is that I look at the clock about a hundred times a day. I can't wait until it's time to put him to bed again; is that horrible? I didn't even realize I did it so often! But I do. I looked at the clock about four times this morning and was very conscious of the fact that only an hour had gone by. It isn't a miserable hour, it is a tiring one! He is hilarious, but has more mischief in his chubby pinky than our entire family! In enjoy him, but I SO look forward to tucking him safely in his crib and knowing that for two hours I don't have to be "on guard". For that two hours, I don't have to worry about him electrocuting himself or choking on one of Ava's Barbie shoes. I can rest my aching back and prepare for the next entertaining session of following Phin as he empties cabinets, redirecting Phin from unplugging the carbon monoxide detector, and entertaining Phin so he stays away from Ava's toys, which all seem to be choke hazards. It is no wonder that I also enjoy meals (contained in a high chair), bath (contained in a bath seat) and car rides (notice a containment trend, here?).

He is SOO happy now that he is mobile. He is entertaining on a whole new level. I love to watch him explore and he is amazingly smart....but it is now on the record that I have become clock obsessed and dread the day when Phin drops a nap or learns to crawl out of his crib!
My Little Boy- Happily Contained;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm one of your sister Karla's friends. You have a very cute blog and I so understand the clock and boys! love reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete