Thursday, August 20, 2009

DoDo DoDo DoDo...

We had "New Parents Night" at Ava's school last night. We will be sending her to a christian private school, so the night focused on parents of not just preschoolers, but also elementary, junior high, and high schoolers. It is a great school, which we knew, but we left and both joked that we hoped we hadn't inadvertantly joined a cult. Does anyone have ANYTHING bad to say about this school? I mean nothing- nothing. Could we have found the eutopia of education?;)


Granted the school is phenominal. The Head of School, used to be an International Lawyer. He brings a culture and brilliance that is amazing. His passion is to build a school that is fully committed to christ and the christian world view and still rivals any educational institution around. The cirriculum they have developped at the high school level is ground breaking and new and being looked at all over the country. Exciting stuff. You couldn't help but listen to all they are doing and not be proud to be apart of it.


I also couldn't help bit sit and wonder when the heck I grew up? How am I old enough to sit at a new parents dinner? Granted I DON'T have a high schooler, junior higher, or even kindergartner, but just being part of the conversation made me feel way to grown up. I talked with Ava's teachers. TEACHERS!!! WHAT?! Wasn't it just yesterday that I was in labor, eating Gruyere Mac and Cheese at Bistro Campagne because they don't do take out and I wanted to carbo load before the big "event"? Now I am talking to teachers about my child and how their looking forward to having her in their class and how they have been praying for her all summer....I felt like I entered the twilight zone. Then when we asked how long one of her teachers had been teaching, she answered three years. She is young. She probably looks at me and thinks I am old. That is just flippin' weird....weird, I tell you.


It's all great...really great and we are very fortunate to have this amazing place to send her, where she'll get a great education, but also learn how to live like God wants us to. I wouldn't change our choice...shoot after every meeting, reading, and info session I feel like I want to send every kid in Chicago to CHA;)...but I do feel like I have been picked up by a huge wave and it's carrying me to new places I am not prepared for yet. I'll be going to a parent-teacher conference in September...wow.


Ava is READY. Yesterday she got all dressed up and put her back pack on and said, "I am ready to go to school." It is still two weeks away and she's already rearin' to go...I on the other hand will probably cry the whole way home after I drop her off:) She'll only be there two days a week, the break will be nice and I"ll get awesome one on one time with Phin; but seeing my baby girl become a little percocious "big" girl chokes me up....I guess it's true, I am all grown up...

No comments:

Post a Comment