Tuesday, August 25, 2009

If you had been a fly in my backyard...

Me: Ava, what happened under your eye here? (Weird red patch that is sort of rash looking but only about the size of a quarter...hmmm)
Ava: What, I got a dot?
Me: yes, does it hurt? (I touch it)
Ava: No, I'm just getting old.

Why are you laughing mom?


(Addendum: As I was lying in bed last nigh I realized why she said, "I'm just getting old." In April, we were at the airport riding the tram from the parking lot to the terminal. I had Ava sit in the seats at the back. An elderly woman sat across from her and was chatting nicely to Ava. Ava all of a sudden says, "why do you have red dots all over your face?" (She had those birght red moles all over her face.) The elderly woman, thankfully, did not get offended at all; she simply replied, "Cuz i am REALLY REALLY old!" I had almost completely forgotten this incident, after all April was four months ago and I can barely remember to get my clothes out the dryer after an hour! The moment, however, must have made an impression on Ava;)

2 comments: