Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful dad (who I am sure has never read my blog;O) and my fantastic husband (who daily reads it;) and all those other dads out there.

I am so fortunate to have had an amazing father. He taught me much about love. He made our home a secure place. He is someone I could only hope to be like some day. I am most thankful that because of him I grew to have a healthy view of what it means that God is my Father. I am so thankful that my dad is a man of character, service, passion, and devotion to his Lord and his family. He is truly one of the smartest most amazing men ever.

What can I say about my hubby? He's awesome. I knew on the day I married him that my life would never be dull. He is fun. He is loving. He is humble. I love the guy more and more every day. What I didn't know on my wedding day, however, is what an amazing father he would be. I am so grateful for the way he pours into our children. I love that he wants to teach them about Jesus and help them discover who God has called them to be. He is a servant who puts his family about his career, even though he is highly successful. I am so blessed to have the best teammate ever!

In a world, where many men are abdicating responsiblity and sitting back because some women are pushing them aside, I am proud to be surrounded by strong men, who are good leaders. I am proud that in leading they do not step on others. I love that I am respected and valued for who I am as a woman, but glad that my man is a true MAN. I have security because he is secure in who he is and more than that he is secure in who GOD is. I am so so so blessed and proud to honor these men today.

No comments:

Post a Comment