Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What Makes a Friend?

If you ask, "What makes a good friend?" you'd undoubtedly get a variety of responses, depending on a persons age and experience. Today I learned what makes a good friend to my 2 1/2 year old son;)

I was sitting talking to my babysitter and Phin was nearby. We got on the topic of Sunday School and "what a dream" Phin usually is in class. I laughed and told her this Sunday, Marc got a bad report when picking him up. Phin wasn't listening and spent the majority of class wrestling with Boone, his buddy.

Phin, overhearing our conversation, said, "Boone is my best friend." I smiled and said, "Boone's your best friend, huh?" Phin replied with a big smile, "Yeah, Boone and me say 'poopy' to each other" and then broke out in hysterical laughter.

My sons definition of his best friend varies a bit from mine- but it's priceless;)

1 comment:

  1. Yes that bad report was from me! Ha! And I did overhear Phin and Boone saying "that word" and laughing. I decided to not even go over there and address it because I thought it was funny secretly :) He's still the best boy I know!

    ReplyDelete