Sunday, December 9, 2012

Advent Day 7- Movies (for mama)

Okay, confession- today was originally planned to be "lollipop" day.  We were to make white and milk chocolate lollipops.  Here's the thing, I am finishing up Dr. Oz's 3 day detox.  I have barely survived.  I hate vegetable, which is why I am doing it.  My eating habits have become horrible.  I have eaten (drank rather) more veggies in the last three days than the entire year, I am quite certain.  I can't believe I've done it...really, I can't believe it.  It hasn't been easy.  The lunch "shakes" are thick green puree that is hard to swallow and takes up two full drinking glasses.  Three days seemed like nothing when we set out to do it.  It is day three- it's far from nothing.  I am not necessarily hungry, but I am grumpy and want yummy things like Diet Coke and Chocolate.  The lollipop making is more than I can handle today.  I just can't sabotage my efforts so close to the end of this crazy detox, so I swapped days.  The kids, of course, don't know...and we'll probably get to the lollipops another day;)

Advent Day 7-
"Today is Christmas Movie EXTRAVAGANZA!  You can each pick a short Christmas movie to watch, we'll cuddle in front of the fire, and watch with glee.  Don't worry, we won't forget the popcorn!"

We ended up watching a Veggie Tales Christmas Movie and Rudolph.  I forgot to take pictures...again my excuse being the detox...all I could think about was making it to the end, people, pictures were the farthest thing from my mind and really, you could careless what my kids look like watching a movie, right?  Plus, it was dark so it was like a movie theater- the pictures would have stunk anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment