Friday, October 12, 2012

Five Question Friday


1. Did you have any homecoming traditions?
Goodness, I haven't thought about homecoming in a long time, other than appreciating pictures of people's kids in their homecoming attire.
We had Spirit week, each day with a different theme.  Then classes each had a section of the hall to decorate and there was a contest for best decorations.  We won a lot....we had awesome decor.  We went all out- even had a moving cart of "gold" on a track in a mine one year- pretty awesome.  (Perhaps this is where my birthday parties and silly suppers took root?)
Homecoming was on Friday.  The banquet was during the school day.  The game was at night.  We didn't have football so ours was during basketball season.  It was always fun.  The cheerleading half time routine was always incredible.

2. Do you ask your spouse before spending money?
Sort of, I guess.  I spend money freely and perhaps too often.  We have a budget and I stay in it, but if I were to go buy say a car...or computer or something large.  We'd decide together what we were buying.  Or if I am in need of clothing and want to have a shopping spree, I'd say, "Hey, are you okay with me going shopping on Saturday.  How much can I spend without screwing our budget over?"  It is sort of asking, but only cuz he does our budget.  We are a team and BOTH view it as OUR money- so the same discussion would happen if he were to want to buy a bunch;)

3. If you could be famous for something what would it be?
I really don't think I want to be famous.  Too much stress and input from others.  I'd be one of those gals that goes crazy, I am sure.
I suppose if I were known for something though, I would want it to be love.  I really want my life to be characterized by crazy love for Jesus and others.  I've been given lots of love in my life...and I want others to experience love too.

4. Have you ever seriously thought you were going crazy?
Yep.  After I had Ava, I was exhausted.  She slept for a 6 hours stretch at one week old. I woke frantic realizing it had been six hours and as I walked toward her room, I was worried I'd find her dead and thinking what in the world does one do if they find their child dead?  Then I had this crazy thought, "I'd sleep.  I am so tired.  I could sleep again."  I felt so guilty.  I mean what a calloused thought!  I didn't fully release myself from guilt over that until 2 1/2 years later when going home from the hospital with Phin.  The nurse said, "You are hormonal.  You may have crazy thoughts.  The way you know you aren't crazy is that you recognize the thoughts as crazy.  Crazy people don't know their thoughts are crazy."  Best nursing advice ever;)

5. How do you eat your steak? Burger? (as in, well done, medium, still moo-ing...)
Well done.  Perhaps medium well.  But I am a no risk gal in most areas of my life, including illness induced from poorly cook meat.  ANd I don't get the blood runnin' around on your china thing- GROSS!  No thank you.  (by the way, what an odd question?!  I am answering because I am participating, but does anyone really care how I like my meat?!  If so, please drop off steak any time, of the Filet Mignon variety please;)

No comments:

Post a Comment