Saturday, June 23, 2012

Top Ten Things I Have Missed about Marc while he's been gone...

Marc is in Lebanon.  He is having a great trip and we have fared well.  This is the longest he and I have been apart and the longest the kids have been away from him, as well.  God has been very gracious in providing family and friends who support me  (mowed my lawn, called, email, dropped off cupcakes, gave invites to dinner or offers to drop off dinner or babysit).  Yes, we did just fine physically, but we all miss him like crazy.  Now that I am safely harboring at my parents (yes, I did escape here this weekend because faring well or not, I am TIRED!), I can blog about his absence without worrying some weirdo will find out online and come knocking;)

Top Ten things I am missing...in no particular order

1)  Pillowtalk
2)  Telling a gazillion stories about things my kids say or do to someone that finds them equally as adorable
3)  Having the dishes done and breakfast taken care of every day...by someone other than me;)
4)  Seeing Marc roll around on the floor with the kids...giggles abounding
5)  The smell of my freshly showered, shaven, and cologned man;)
6)  My Food Network-watching partner
7)  Making fun of him as he flexes in the mirror (bam...busted on the blog;)
8)  Praying with him every night
9)  His conversation on the drive down to Chicago (we put on the DVD player and it's almost as good as a date- 2 1/2 hours of real conversation...this trip was decidely a bit lonely)
10)  His compliments...constant and sometimes annoying when he's present, but when he's absent, I find myself wondering where my cheerleader is;)

I am so thankful for my husband.  I am so thankful we are in the home stretch now.  We have survived the week and have 3 days to go...can't wait to see him!!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad he is coming back soon!! Yay for great husbands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh---though I accidentally clicked on the "funny" reaction button rather than the comment button, I really just wanted to tell you how glad I am that you'll soon be reunited with your best friend. So thankful that you have a husband that you can't wait to be with and that you truly look forward to welcoming home. We're all together blessed, aren't we? Praying for you guys as Marc makes his way home to you. XO

    ReplyDelete