Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Quotes of the Day from La Case de Aneed

1)  This afternoon I took Ava and two friends to lunch and then the children's museum.  As they were playing in the "supermarket", I sat in a chair (provided for parents) playing Tetris on my iPhone.  I was all of 8 feet from the girls.  Apparently, the didn't realize I could hear their conversation.  It had many funny moments, including one friend telling the girls "Did you know I almost died so many times from Asthma? SOOO many times."  (Granted, it CAN be quite serious, but hers is not.  She was exaggerating, JUST a little, but with beautiful dramatic flair;)  My very favorite moment of their conversting, however, came from my dear daughter.

Friend:  What are we going to do with all this stuff in our cart?  You guys if we make it too full it will take us too long to put away.  WAIT!  I know, let's bring it to Ava's mom and she can pretend she's making us dinner.
Ava:  I don't think that is a good idea.  You guys my mom get's SOOO tired because she takes care of little kids ALL DAY.  I think we should give her space to rest.

Sweet...and hilarious;)

2)  After dinner my children all got a small handful of blueberry yogurt covered pretzels that I noticed at the grocery store.  I didn't really explain what they were, I didn't think too much about it.  I simply said, "I have special blue pretzels for a treat."  Phineas was ecstatic for about 30 seconds.  He took one bite and then with a voice dripping in disappointment said, "Hey!  These aren't blue pretzels!  LOOK!  Someone painted them!" He didn't take to kindly to my hysterical laughter either;)  It took some fancy explaining to get him to keep eating....he was genuinely crushed to find a "regular" pretzel inside;)

3)  When I got home from my afternoon with Ava, instead of acting excited to see me, Chloe stated, "Go way, Go way, mama."  I said, "You want me to go away?"  To which she said with much finality, "Yes.  Choe (she leaves the "l" out of her name) wike (likes) Hannah (our babysitter)."  and then she gave me the "talk to the hand sign and started laughing hysterically.  It shouldn't have been cute, but she thought it was so funny one couldn't help but laugh with her.;)  She is just such a sassy little thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment