Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My Newest Crush

We had our Home Visit today for our Home Study.  It was a lovely experience.  I have a friend crush on our Social Worker.  She was just amazing.  I could probably write volumes about her.  She's adorable and brilliant and experienced.  She has two of her own internationally adopted children and is a psychotherapist.  Her realm of experiences related to adoption, is awe inspiring.  She has scene really wonderful things and really tragic things and she laid it all our for us.  She was encouraging and asked really thought provoking questions.  It was such a good experience that I was sad when the visit ended.

God is so good.  I have been wrestling with whether to adopt one child or a sibling group.  I have wrestled with what age children to request.  I have wrestled with where to put children with our current birth order.  I have been praying about it.  Our placment agency will go through this with us again, taking our temperments and the adoptees into consideration, but talking through this with Deb today was really good.  You can read a gazillion articles from experts that tell you opposing things.  Deb was able to ask questions and help me think through it in a way I hadn't been able to do reading and jouraling and praying.  It was awesome.  I felt so blessed to have such an experienced woman walk with us through this.  She'll be with us through the adoption and afterwards.  What a blessing!

2 comments:

  1. So thankful that God used this visit to encourage you and give you continued direction (and a friend)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So thankful God placed her with you guys--but that is just like Him. Amazing. So excited to see you guys walk through this and share in your journey--I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete