Thursday, March 31, 2011

BLEH!

I am very proud of myself. I've worked out three times thus far this week. That is good. I am trying to have more self control over food. That is also good.

What I FEEL though is "BLEH!" That is "kim"ish for "this is SOOO not fun" or "this is SOOO not yummy". I miss sugar. I miss fat....but at the end of all this I so hope to be NOT missing my baby belly.

It takes 21 days to make a habit right? I can't wait to get there and feel excited about being healthy. Right now breaking my "eat sugar to feel joyous" habit is not so easy.

Like everything else, I KNOW I need to strive for that which is work to achieve but my emotions are going for the immediate pleasure option (which of course, causes unhappiness and poor health long term). I'm taking everyday like the little engine in my kid's book. "I think I can. I think I can. I think I can." I just keep trying to imagine how AWESOME it will be to make it to the top of this mountain...maybe I'll even post a bikini picture flexing...LOL. (Don't worry, mom, that was a joke.)

1 comment:

  1. I feel you, girl! My lack of anything fun to eat is due to having gestational diabetes again, and I've actually lost weight since becoming pregnant (not really what you want!). Self-imposed self control is real drag.

    ReplyDelete