Friday, January 28, 2011

Weekend Update

I've prayed about this weekend and asked some of you to do so as well. Here's the update.

Day went fine. Naps were so, so, but at least they all rested. Abby and Chloe slept well. Kids played well together and ate well together. I felt like Kate + 8...only, of course, there weren't 8. Here are my observations: all isn't to bad, the transitions are the difficulty. Getting everyone's dinner set up and ready, getting everyone ready for and into bed, etc. Once you are through the transition, all are playing or all are eating or all are sleeping and it's not bad at all. I don't know that I'd want five kids on a daily basis at the moment, but it is indeed doable even if they all ARE under 4.

Funny development- Phin tried to pour his own water from a gallon of nursery water (we were dealing with feeding the two babies). It spilled ALL over the floor. Ava began yelling, "It's flooding again!" and Marc and I looked at each other in disbelief....I wish water was worth money;) Really- what are the chances?

It is 7:15 and all the kids are in bed and dishes are done. I have lost my voice after singing to 4 of the 5 kids, but anyone who knows me knows I have a penchance towards laryngitis. I think the kids think it's interesting anyway;) Awesome- day one done, bumps and all and we are still smiling, lovin' the joy the kids add to life, lovin' watching them play, etc. Yessirree, God answers prayers! Aren't you slightly curious about what tomorrow will hold? I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment