Friday, January 11, 2013

Christian Willy on Christmas

It's a bit late, but not everyone is in the rush we Americans can't seem to escape.  This morning I recieved a picture of Christian from Christmas.  It's a bit blurry but precious. 
He looks completely annoyed to be standing in front of the tree;)  I can tell he's gotten taller though and thinned out quite a bit.  Look at his cute little toes;)  Mommy's going to bring him some bigger shoes, and a couple Christmas presents of our own.  OOOO, I cannot wait to kiss these cheeks, look into those precious dark eyes, tickle his bulging belly (that looks quite like his cousin Mia's at this age;) and make that mouth that naturally turns down (like his grandma's actually;) smile.

And the food they ate:

The funniest things give comfort to a longing mama...a food picture;)  And here were my thoughts, in case you're curious:
"Oh, he had ham and cheesy potatoes just like us!"
"They had fried plantain cakes like we did at our Haiti Silly Supper; I better get a little better at making those."
"Next Christmas, I'll try to include the plantains at Christmas, cuz he'll probably be with us."
"Thank you God, that my boy will probably be with US next year."

Then I get teary...and that my friends is the mind of an adoptive mother in waiting...pretty much always ends up leading to tears;)


4 comments:

  1. Aww...what sweet comfort and joy. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love all of your observations ... the little things that could so very easily be overlooked are scrutinized by a waiting mama! And, the tears ... well, the tears will be many in the wait and, of course, after as well. Tis the mind and heart of an adoptive mama! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Kim!! It's so nice to "meet" you and talk to someone in the same boat as us! Thank you so much for commenting on my blog over the weekend! Your little boy is just beautiful and your family will be in my prayers as well as this process continues.

    We are adopting with CCAI, so we aren't at the same orphanage as you, but will be praying for a speedy process with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such wonderful pictures and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete