Friday, September 28, 2012

Five Question Friday



1. Do you prefer to drive to your vacation spot or fly?
Definitely fly....or drive.  I don't really enjoy either, but I enjoy it when I am there.  If it's a drive under 6 hours- I'm game, cuz getting to and from the airport and the flight, is probably comparable.  Otherwise, I'm definitely a plane girl.  I feel horrible on airplanes.  My sinuses bother me, I just feel crappy, but they are over before you know it and with a good dose of Dramamine you can sleep through long flights.  So planes it is....
2. If you could live any where in the world, where would you go and why?
I am thinking this answer is just thinking about destination and not people.  I would love to live in Hawaii or Jackson Hole,  but ultimately I'd rather live near people I love, who love me.  Weather and beauty are amazing, but ultimately community means more to me.
3. Should grown women wear leggings?
Sure...why not?  I wouldn't wear them with a short shirt, but I think the big top, leggings, flat thing is adorable if you have the body for it.
4. If you could change your name to any other name, would you? And what would it be?
I don't think I would.  I like my name.  As long as I can remember, my mom had our pictures on the wall with plaques underneath containing our name and name meaning.  I loved looking up and seeing, "KIMBERLY- Woman of Honor".  I love that meaning and hope I honor Christ and live up to my name.  I don't know why I like my middle name- it's just "Kay"...but I've felt just like Kimberly Kay my whole life- it fits me, I think.  My maiden name I loved, because I loved being a LaPine girl.  Aneed is indicative of being married to the most wonderful man in the world.  No changes desired here;)
5. What magazines to you have subscriptions to?
Can I caveat this, by saying that most of them I have gotten free through coupon deals or because of having to cash in expiring miles?;)  I had no idea it was so many until I started listing!!!
People- get it every Thursday and read it cover to cover.  No apologies. I love reading it- from book recommendations, to what stars are wearing, to inspiring stores of real people to recipes.  I read the whole kit and kaboodle.
Bloomberg Business-  I ordered this one for my hubby but I love reading it too.
Harvard Business Review- It's Marc's, but again I read it.
Family Fun- I really enjoy the ideas in here- a fun meal idea in here gave me the idea to do regular Silly Suppers
Martha Stewart Living- self explanatory- "It's a good thing";)
Real Food- GREAT recipes in this one;)
Charisma- I'm not a fan of this one...but was worth a try
Thriving Family- Free through focus I think.  I do read it, sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not, but I like it because our church's mom group was names Thrive first....and I feel like Focus copied;)
Highlights- Because I got this as a kid and what kid doesn't LOVE the hidden pictures;)
National geographic Kids- With the exception of some evolution crap...my kids LOVE reading about animals and nature
Parents- enjoyed this more with my first kid...now I feel like most of the info. is known, but it's free so I usually peruse anyway;)
InStyle- surprising, eh?  I am no fashionista..I just don't spend a great deal of money on clothes (I tend to buy high quality in small amounts, but not a lot at all;), but I love looking.  People that are creative and can just put together crazy cool outfits from things I wouldn't glance twice at inspire me!

No comments:

Post a Comment