Thursday, August 16, 2012

I woke up at 4:30am with a headache.  I knew it was raining before my ears woke up enough to decipher the soft pitter patter on the ceiling.  One has to make a choice on days that start at 4:30, awakened by a splitting sinus headache- be a miserable grump or find ways to cope.  I vote number two.  My miserable grump persona is not anyone's favorite and it leads to lots of guilt and apologies.  I laid awake and prayed and then when I got up I did what anyone would do, I came down to the kitchen took Sudaphed and tylenol and ate a Reese's Peanut Butter cup.  I mean really, even a bad headache cannot trump the delight of chocolate and peaut butter.  Then in tribute to my English friends who endure rain on a much more regular basis, I cuddled up with a very large mug of P&G tips; though I usually take my tea black, I even had it with milk this morning and had anyone else been awake to chat with me, I would have charmed them with my nonexistent British accent.  Here's to a rainy, dreery day and all the choices I will make today with my kids to keep Miss Grumpypants at bay.  Movie anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment