Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Haitian Pregnancy



My friend Carla gave me this gift in honor of our "Haitian Pregnancy".  I am in love with it.  I loved being pregnant with my first two kids, LOVED it, and was gaga over it until the last trimester with Chloe when I swelled up like an elephant.  With the Haitian Pregnancy, waiting estimates make it clear I will feel pregnant about as long as an elephant (whose gestation period is 22mo., in case you are interested in that random fact).  The waiting will certainly be more excrutiating than any swelling every was, but this lovely gift she purchased when she was in Haiti, will give me joy each time I look at it.  It celebrates that indeed my heart is ever growing in love for this child.  Though my body shows no physical signs, we are indeed expecting another child.  It is cause for delight.  I couldn't think of a more perfect piece to have on our shelf.














1 comment: