Monday, July 20, 2009

Fit"mess"

I am one of the coordinators for our churches moms group. Today we had a fitness trainer come speak to us. I thought that I would feel inspired- or MORE inspired. I am working out regularily and feeling great about it, but I am seeing little change in my body and losing no weight because I have a weakness for crappy food. Yummy food is a weakness. I start out everyday with good intentions, but as soon as nap time hits, chocolate screams my name. I "reward" myself. The problem is, such rewards, are ultimately punishments because they set me back and screw my weight watchers points.

The talk was good and reminded me how important it is to take care of the body God has given me. I find it difficult to develop good habits again. It is especially hard when you are tired and stressed. Your sanity is on the brink so emotions take over logic. You also just can't go to the grocery store hungry. I attended a fitness talk today and I bought a snickers bar at the grocery store, 5 hours later....I am not stupid, really, I just do REALLY stupid things. Bottom line- I have no self control, I need God...badly. I haven't been praying about this and you know what, I am going to start...praying LOTS. I want to feel better about myself and I want to protect my health for my kids and my husband. I am so glad God cares about me...and even cares about my crazy sugar addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment