Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Gentle Reminders

My Friend Nikki posted this article on facebook today.  It is a MUST read, especially on hard days.  I am actually planning on printing it and keeping it on hand for tough moments.  In fact, if you only have like two  minutes right now- quit reading my blog and read the article- yes, I am serious.

As a mom, it can be easy to lose perspective.  When my two year old is throwing a tantrum and nothing seems to help, it's hard to remember somewhere in that chaos is an eternal soul.  It is easy to lose sight of eternal perspective and feel like a failure if I've raised my voice or spent too much time on face book.  It's easy to give into lies that what I am doing matters not.  It's easy to feel marginalized and useless when I read People Magazine and Bloomberg Business more than I read my bible.

It's easy, yes, but not right and certainly avoidable.  Temptation to self destruct or quit lurks around every dust-bunnied corner, but "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."  ( I Cor. 10:13)

We need reminders sometimes and more than anything we need Jesus.  We are blessed to raise our children and impact there futures.  We may never know how profound our influence is in their lives, but God sees every seed planted, he sees every opportunity we seize, every question we answer, every prayer we utter on their behalves.  We have the best jobs in the world fellow Mamas!!  Let's do them with joy and make the most of every opportunity!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment