Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Bon Voyage!

In a couple days Marc and I are leaving on a jet plane.  I haven't been this excited about something in a long time.  I feel pretty giddy, if I am honest.  It's been a long time since we've had extended time together like this.  We get away for a weekend here and there, but usually it's for a specific reason like a conference or someone's birthday; truth is even when we just plan a night or two away at a nearby hotel, we usually head home on Sunday just about the time we actually are relaxed and rested.  It takes us two days just to realize the kids really aren't around and then it's time to go home;)

We cashed in points and are going to Cancun.  It ended up being the cheapest option cuz I don't think August is a popular time for traveling to Mexico...it is beyond popular to me!  We're going to do some adventuring together and go ziplining, off roading, and swim in a cenote.  We are going to sleep in and read books by the pool.  We are going to sometimes to absolutely nothing but be together.    After the Lord, our marriage is the glue that holds this family together and before we bring home child #4, we thought it would be a good time to take a babymoon of sorts.  Time to just focus on us and on connecting with one another.  I love my husband and CANNOT wait for 5 days with him all to myself.  YIPPEE!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled for you guys! Wishing you an incredibly fun and refreshing time of togetherness. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How far you two have come. Can I remind you that you two are the ones who came home from your Mexico honeymoon early! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, Jenny Smith-`` We did NOT actually come home early from our honeymoon;) What you are remembering is my utter mortification when Marc DID suggest we leave early. Ha ha. He said he was exhausted because the ocean waves kept him up all night- LOL. He HAS indeed come far, however, this time he packed ear plugs;)

    ReplyDelete