Sunday, December 7, 2014

Advent Day 7- maybe will happen next year?

I think there's been a bust of a day every year.  This year was no different.  On Thursday I had a vendor fair at our house.  Friday we were up late for our RACK night.  Saturday night Marc and I had my niece watch the kids and Christian's been struggling with some regression since we traveled for Thanksgiving.  He was a wreck at bedtime for my poor niece and kept all the other kids up with his antics.  Three nights in a row of being up far too late took it's toll on all of us.  The kids were just as mess and Marc and I weren't much better.  We scrapped the days plan to put up the tree, postponing to until a time we were in better form.  It's too good of a day to mess up with fighting and grumpy peeps.  We all took a nap and watch some Christmas shows.

They say you can't win 'em all...today was a loss on the books, but a win to all our mental health.  A good pastor friend of our Bill Shereos said to us once, "sometimes the most spiritual thing you can do is take a nap'  today we say, "AMEN TO THAT!"

No comments:

Post a Comment