Thursday, October 8, 2009

If anyone finds my daughter, please return her asap...

This afternoon and evening my daughter has seemed more like an Ogre than a child. She is overtired and has more emotion surging through her little body than she knows what to do with. We initially had temper tantrums at naptime because I said "no" to fruit snacks. I offered her a healthier alternative and got a full on temper tantrum in response. My friend Nicole was here picking up her children (we had a great double playdate this morning), and I had to step away THREE times to put her in her room. That was not only abnormal but so insane I had to just laugh about it. At that point I could laugh because I was sure she fall right asleep and wake her normal happy self. The problem- she did not sleep.

She came of out her room multiple times before finally staying in there until 3pm as instructed. She came out initally much improved in attitude and behavior, but it didn't last long. She was simply too tired to hold it together. We started bedtime at 6pm...6pm- no joke. It took us an hour to get her in bed. ONE FULL HOUR. We had a full on psychotic child. It was as if something overtook her. We had tempertantrums that we have NEVER seen. She feel asleep quickly once she kept her little bum in bed...I hope tomorrow is a bit better. I would like to LIKE to be with my daughter tomorrow. Today she must have KNOWN how awful she was asking because midway through a tantrum episode she calmed briefly and in tears asked, "do you still think I am cute, mommy?" It was asked in genuine concern....which did make her quite cute. Being three looked pretty darn rough today...but I guarantee mommy's was a little harder, then again mommy gets chocolate now....

No comments:

Post a Comment