Sunday, August 23, 2009

God must be smiling.

As Marc and I were talking in the car this evening, we heard the Ava talking very quietly as she looked out the window. I don't cry easily, but what I heard brought tears to my eyes.

Ava: Thank you for the Beautiful Sky. It is really lots of colors.
And Thank you for sleeping with me at night time.
And Thank you for the Beautiful Sky.
Amen.


First of all, she often comments on sunsets. She loves the pink in the sky and it is not at all uncommon for her to exclaim, "Mommy, look at the sky!" I am so glad she notices nature and I really wonder if she'll be an artist and paint the sky someday.

Next, what really brought tears to my eye was hearing her say, "Thank you for sleeping with me at night time." Ava has been afraid a lot lately, so we've prayed with her and ensured her that Jesus is always with us and He takes care of us. As a parent, you're not always sure how much of what you are saying is "sinking in". To know she understands that Jesus, the same God who made the beautiful sky, is with her is probably one of the greatest moments in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Soo sweet, Anni's prayers some times get me too...what a dear sweet soul Miss Ava is!! Hope school goes great for her!!

    ReplyDelete