Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Camped In

Ava has been begging to go camping every time we come across the picture of campers in her devotional bible (sorry I forget at the moment why they have a picture of campers, so don't question it, just know for some reason there is a picture of kids in a tent). On Monday morning she was looking through the said devotional and asked again to pleeeease go camping . I realized summer is but a vapor and from the weather forecast yesterday was to be the "last" warm summer day. We had plans to go to the pool, which we did, but I also borrowed a tent from my sister and planned to have a camp out in our backyard with Ava. Marc was to be sleeping inside because someone had to stay inside with Phin and if the campout turned out to be a sleepless night he has no chance to take a nap during the day.

Marc was busy getting the tent set up. My sister has an older tent so it doesn't just "pop" up- it's kind of an ordeal getting all the posts lined up and staked into the ground. Ava was super excited at first. She was dancing around making up songs about camping. I don't exactly know what went on in her pretty little head, but her mood switch drastically and she ran up to me and said, "I think I am going to camp in my regular bed inside. We can do the tent later." Perhaps it "hit" her that tents were OUT side...with bugs;) Thankfully, Marc hadn't finished set up and we were able to just go get ice cream and hang out in the backyard until bedtime...

I wasn't complaining! Not only did I NOT have to climb in a tent at 7:30 and pretend to go to sleep at 8. I was able to veg out on my couch and eat chocolate and watch "Chopped" on Food Network. I am all about adventure and I would have been more than willing to brave out sleepin' in the yard to make my little girl happy, but I thoroughly enjoyed the evening indoors...and I don't have a cranky little girl today.

It also rained last night...'nuff said?!

1 comment: