Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Advent Day 7- Lollipop, Lollipop, OOOO Lolli-Lolli-Lolli

Today's Advent Message Read:

It's CHOCOLATE LOLLIPOP day!!!!  Today we are going to make AND EAT Chocolate Christmas Lollipops!  YUMMY!!!

I'll be honest, I wasn't really sure how today would go.  I knew they'd like to eat the lollipops when finished, but I wasn't sure if they'd enjoy making them.  I have only done it once before, in college, and I remember thinking "This is lame, I'd rather bake something any day."

My kids thought it FAR from lame.  They said it was "the best day ever!" (they've had lots of those;)  I had to giggle when Ava said, "This is SO AWESOME; it's art AND cooking!"  (Two of her favorite things in one;)  I am not sure melting chocolate and letting it harden in a shape with a stick in it could actually be considered cooking, but I do have to admit,  I enjoyed doing it this time.  I do love to bake, immensely in fact, but I have to say it was FANTASTIC to not have to worry about forgetting something in the oven;)  Since having kids, I have burned more sheets of cookies than I can count.:)  

They were amazed that you could paint with chocolate;)

 Filling the molds with chocolate required a little extra supervision of Phin....he kept "accidentally getting his finger or hand in it;)

 Ava was meticulous.

Ta da!

No comments:

Post a Comment