Thursday, October 6, 2011

Requested Recipe- Chicken Pot Pie

Here is the chicken pot pie recipe I use...because my mom used it my whole life.  It is simple and still one of my very favorite comfort foods.

Chicken Pot Pie


4 TBSP butter
5 TBSP flour
melt together
Stir in 2 cups of chicken broth (I use chicken base and water for this)
May need to whisk to smooth.
Heat until it begins to thicken.
Add 1 C Milk
Add salt and pepper to taste
Add cooked shredded chicken and veggies of your choice
(Note- I personally use two cooked chicken breasts and mixed frozen veggies- corn, peas, beans, carrots)

Pie crust- use just top crust or top and bottom depending on your taste.  I use the basic Betty Crocker pie crust recipe or buy the Pilsbury Refridgerated pie crust if I am in a time crunch (or just feeling lazy).

Bake 350 1 hr. or more until crust is done

This recipe is for a basic 9 inch pie.  It is never enough for my family.  I always double it and put it in a 9x13 pan or do 1 1/2 times the recipe and put it in a deep dish pie pan.

Enjoy

1 comment: