Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ladies Weekend AWAY!


I try to get away a couple times a year. I love my children (and my hubby, of course), but I find myself getting burnt out sometimes. A weekend away with girls is always a time of refreshing. Last summer, my husband was having a little guys weekend away and I knew I'd have to wait a while, until I was done nursing Chloe, to have my turn. I also knew that since it would have been a long while since getting away, that I wanted it to be extra special. I emailed my two closest friends from college to see if they would mind hanging with me for a couple days this spring.

I hadn't seen my friend Jenny in a few years. I hadn't spent time with just these girls (no kids or hubbies) since our weddings!! It was wonderful!

We talked A LOT. I felt like I was so excited the whole time that I talked too much and was probably border line obnoxious. I was like a kid in the candy store. So much has changed since our college days and yet these girls KNOW me. We have deep history. We have shared many joys and tears. I simply adore them.

I came home exhausted (it's so hard to go to bed when you are with besties!) but SOO refreshed. I also am still processing half of our conversations. MAN we covered everything from sex to politics to disciplining our children! We have different viewpoints and yet all love Jesus and one another. If you don't have friends like this, FIND ONE. I learn and grow each time I am with these women. It's easy to think your view point is the only one or the right one, but it's not! While we won't always AGREE, we can listen to one another and understand another view point and that is a gift! Thank you girls for loving me and letting me love you in return! XOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. SO glad you got away with them. If Jenny and AM read this, you guys look great!!

    ReplyDelete