Sunday, May 31, 2009

Backyard Barbershop

We are fortunate enough to have attended a small sized birthing class when pregnant with Ava. The class was made up of four couples and all had girls within a one month time frame. We still get together on a monthly basis. Today we hosted this event.

The Rubins were the last to leave. We were in the kitchen chatting when Bobbi gasps and runs outside. I'll admit I was VERY slow to follow her. I was terrified that one of the girls had hung her self on the hammock or something. Thank God it wasn't that kind of a gasp.

I walk outside as Bobbi was removing a pair of nail scissors from her daughters hand. Julia was desperately trying to keep the scissors and explaining that "Ava NEEDS her hair cut."

I don't know how much damage could be done with nail scissors. Bobbi saved the day before we were "fortunate" enough to find out. But the girls had a regular beauty shop all set up. Ava was in a chair and they had tied a blanket around her neck and Julia, the designated Stylist, had already finished brushing it completely in preparation for the art she was to perform.

The BEST part of this story, however, is that I was followed outdoors by our husbands. Upon viewing the scene himself, Marc declared, "They told us Julia was going to cut Ava's hair but we thought they were just pretending."

That my friends is the difference between men and women. The girls told their fathers they were about to CUT hair and the fathers nod and continue talking. WHAT?! I'm sorry, but this is just too rich- Marc won't live it down for a few years. Really babe...did you even think to check on HOW they are pretending to "cut hair"?

Alan, Julia's father, blames me for leaving the nail scissors within reach. Truth be told, I don't even know where she got them; no excuses for me there! But as my friend Bobbi so eloquently joked, "Dumb and Dumber actually gave them PERMISSION to use them." So if we are placing blame, they tipped the scales!



P.S. Dumb and Dumber is used only in a joking manner and is in no way meant to disrespect our wonderful, albeit sometimes spacey, husbands;)

1 comment: