Saturday, August 23, 2014

A mushy Gushy note about my extraordinary husband.....

"The difference between an ordinary marriage and an extraordinary marriage is in giving just a little "extra" everyday, as often as possible, for as long as we both shall live."  - Fawn Weaver

We've had a long week at the Aneed house.  Marc had a stressful week at work.  I was trying to adjust to school while struggling with exhaustion and headaches.  We are both tired...and yet we have four kids.  I have just felt like a bump on a log, I can't think of what to feed the kids, I am so over chores and laundry.  I just want to rest, read a book, and watch brainless TV.  I am pretty much the opposite of the "dream wife and mom" today.

My man on the other hand?  He is exuding awesomeness.  He took the kids out to McD's to lunch and to play in the play land to run off energy.  He helped me clean the house cuz we have guests coming tomorrow.  He ordered Noodle Zone on his own initiative for dinner and picked it up.  He is right now bathing four kids upstairs by himself.

We have a really amazing marriage.  Not perfect, but passionate and fun and better than I could have ever imagined.  It's all God, I know and my husband radiates his Savior and serves me just like Christ served the church.  I do think we have an extraordinary marriage and when I saw this quote it seemed perfect...it IS the extras.  It's going above an beyond.  Sometimes you are the one doing extra and sometimes, like today, you are the one humbly receiving the extra.

Last weekend, we were able to get away for a night and hike in Starved Rock and Mattheissen Sate Parks.  We ran through trails, laughed and thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our alone time.  Those moments are important, they give us freedom for conversation and passion and fun.  They are picture book romantic and I love them.  But 14 years into marriage, I think I love days like today even more.  His love is being poured out, he's giving of himself though he should have none to give.  These days are like super glue for our marriage and hearts.  Sure, we have more passion than ever in our marriage, we have more fun, and deeper connection, but its days like today that make those things extraordinary.

My husband loves comics and superhero movies....and I think it just might be because he himself is a super hero in disguise.  Thank you, Marc Aneed, for not just loving me and the kids, but giving "extras" all the stinkin' time...even when I have nothing to give in return.



1 comment:

  1. and so, the most amazing marriages are the ones where God is in control! Just like yours :) . We love you and miss you both here in Sheboygan!

    ReplyDelete