Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I love my husband

Marc and I have been married 9 years. That really is a crazy long time when I stop to think about it. I often take him for granted cuz he's been apart of my life for so long. But lately (maybe since our anniversary at the end of Dec.) I've been thinking about how darn blessed I am. He really is such a good man- a godly man and a servant.

You know he'll tell you "I married up" or some other silly sentiment hinting that I'm too good for him, but the truth is- I am no cup of tea much of the time- not to mention when I am pregnant. Oh, I am not horrible, but I can be a bit tricky to figure out. Poor guy;) I mean really- let's take oh....sex for example cuz that is a totally inappropriate subject to talk about, right?;) If he were to say come one to me or grab me in an agressive way, he's very possibly going to get "I am NOT a peice of meat" in response. Yet, if he is too gentle or timid in his approach I have been known to say a time or two, "act like a man- it's kind of a turn off for you to appear weak." See? Would you want to be married to me? No- most of you just read that and said, "what a brat!" I don't mean to be, I just tend to tell him exactly how I am feeling- the problem is that it changes with the wind;)

He's so helpful most of the time and my favorite characteristic about him has ALWAYS been that if you point out a way he has been hurtful or offensive, he is quick to apologize (and he's genuine about it). He doesn't usually make excuses for his behavior, but owns it and tries to make it right. I love that humility.

He also seems to find me so darn tootin' hot no matter what I am wearing, whether or not I have make up on, and whether or not my hair is done. I don't know if he's delusional or if I am completely unaware of my rock star status:), but it is such a secure feeling to know he adores me. Really even if he is delusional and no one else on earth agrees, I don't care- his opinion is really all that matters and he makes me feel beautiful each and every day.

Oh he's not perfect- I guarantee you that, but today I am focusing on his wonderfulness. Even with his few imperfections, I wouldn't trade him for the world;)

No comments:

Post a Comment