Monday, December 7, 2009

I suppose there ARE worse things I could pass on...

Ava came out of her room today and had changed into leggings and a t-shirt. She said, "I am a mom and these are my pajamas. I am going to sleep with my husband now, so don't wake me up."

This is funny for a couple reasons. The first is that Ava's favorite pajamas are a satin nightgown that my mom made her. She also has ballet PJs, etc. She has never slept in a t-shirt and leggings. She totally called me out. I sleep in sweats and a t-shirt ALL the time. I guess she thinks this is normal mom attire. I wasn't about to get into marriage talks with her. Hopefully, she'll be a better wife than me and keep her "pretty pajama preference" when she gets married;) Thankfully, Marc loves me even with my preference for comfort over style;)

The second reason it is hilarious is because she said so emphatically, "don't wake me up." Kids are such a mirror. I realized that since I've been pregnant every day when it is nap time I tell her, "It's fine if you don't sleep, but you need to stay in your room for rest time. I am going to sleep in my room, do not wake me up." I guess it's made an impression!

No comments:

Post a Comment